A Magical Huffalump Resides Here: Fungal Cavern

A Magical Huffalump Resides Here

My name is Ed, I am a programmer. Just another dude with another blog. I like MTG, Open Source (more towards FREE software). I like sports, and eventually I hope to do business and do good for the world in general. This blog is gonna be about Magic The Gathering. Decklists and snippets will be posted here. It may lead somewhere or nowhere, as with all things arcane, that was bloody obvious =)

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Fungal Cavern

Its here.....!

after some intial slow rolls
















More details in the newpost!



Myself? I am in the warpath with four more mice to catch!

Having forsaken my Cappy's cause for the past two events I feel obligated to finish off the last stretch. :p

Quickly of course =D  The moss is growing.... eww.

PS: the first step is to visit Muridae to pickup the map piece ;)

Happy Hunting!
[20150513 00:32]


well... it turns out the cause was over.

So I am free to venture to the Fungal Caverns!!!


So first things first , just go to your travel tab, you should be prompted to go get the map piece from Muridae market!

Once there you will be prompted to visit the Cartographer










You will need to purchase the map piece for 230000 MHG










After which this option is available









And voila!

We are in!

Only Forgotten and Hydro traps are usable here. gouda seems okay but it is only for gathering supplies as the HUD indicates.... so gathering it is!












So here we go!


It all starts at the Cavern Mouth.....!


And my first catch is:












I am currently on SOS/Fissure/Chrome/Gouda with LGS on


Happy Hunting!

[20150513 0101]


Some updates:

For the intial portion (i.e. the Cavern Mouth) it is best to use Hydro Traps. Time to spring out those sunken city traps!!!


The later portions will require Forgotten Traps (T-Rex finally gets to see the sun lol)



Actually after looking at my traps I have realised the T-Rex may be obsoleted... well not really it has a higher power bonus and more luck than the 6K powered stale cupcake trap.... so.... He will still see some play I think. .... later in the Caverns



Anywasy Happy Hunting!

[20150513 01:24]


So it would appear the first tier cheese to craft is the Glowing Gruyere cheese!

And if you mouse over the cheese on the HUD you will see the crafting information =)










I would recommend crafting with the Magical Essence (from smashing SB+).













The conversion rate is actually quite nice , hmm =)

I would likely accumulate up to 100 GG cheese before going after the Tier 1 mice =)

From previous Tiered areas you are likely to need ALOT of cheese, so take your time. If the itch is too great just dive in, if you can grind wait till 100 or 200 (statistical variance tends to be kinder when the numbers are bigger), but in either case you are likely to have to go back to grinding for the basic ingredients. So don't sweat it. Hunt. Have fun and discover the ratios needed. That part of the fun in the hunt remember ;)

I would probably hunt with T-Rex first and maybe switch to Cupcake in the later areas =) Luck based traps tend to be better at catching lower powered mice while you normally need a high powered trap to have a better shot at the bigger mice (relative to your trap strength).


Happy Hunting ppl!

[20150515 01:11]


Now. Do you need the SOS? Seriously I am not too sure, perhaps I will try. Maybe I will arm a weaker Hydro and see how it goes.

My suspicion is that you do not need an overtly strong Hydro trap to get started, since the hydro appears to be only for getting the base ingredients for the Tier 1 GG cheese. Still. I had quite a few misses! So perhaps you need a strong Hydro trap to get started.

The only way to know is to test :p


I'll try to update my findings tomorrow... so stay tuned!

This will be my setup:





















Now I understand that it is still rather strong, but it is one step down in terms of trap strength. So if this setup crashes, we know the other hydro traps are probably gonna fare worse :p



Hmm actuallly, I poked around some of my friends' profile and and they are using Chrome Phantasmal Oasis and they seem fine, of course I cannot see the misses but they are making catches.

I guess I'll see for myself later ;)


[20150515 01:19]


So after 1 day, I think I caught about half the mice, so its actually quite alright with the CPOT

now I will try the Steam Laser Mk III !!!






If its really bad I will probably switch back early heh :P


[20150516 01:05]



Oki dokie. Its pretty bad. Like below 50% bad. So I guess you need at least a POT?

Oh well anywasy I need to earnestly start farmng =)


Happy Hunting ppl!


[20150517 01:48]

So I have been hunting passively till about 6th June and started with this:






I also finally got to use T-Rex!!!! Which is fitting since Jurassic World is around this time =)





Happy Hunting ppl!

[20150606 17:26]


Wow.   I am not sure what happened.

I think the Season 3 Treasure Chest happened.


I think.



Anyways I am back!!!!  =D

So stoked! I just got my Warden Slayer Trap!




I think I will just take it alow and start from bottom up, i.e. accumulate ANOTHER 100 Glowing Gruyere cheese ;)



Happy Hunting ppl!

[20150905]

So apparently its quite fast =)

I just made another 120 Glowing Gruyere Cheese!! With the SB+ essence recipe  :P

Anyways I just joined a Fungal Cavern map!!






So I am going to enter the hollow halls soon! This would'nt be the first time i don't think, but I think it should be a fast one =)






Looks fun!!! I'll update as I progress through the map!!


Happy Hunting ppl!!!

[20150906 23:59]

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter

Click Here to Advertise on my site
Firefox 2
//online countries Page Rank Tool
Support Wikipedia