A Magical Huffalump Resides Here: Bye bye Standard!!! It was fun while it lasted!!!!

A Magical Huffalump Resides Here

My name is Ed, I am a programmer. Just another dude with another blog. I like MTG, Open Source (more towards FREE software). I like sports, and eventually I hope to do business and do good for the world in general. This blog is gonna be about Magic The Gathering. Decklists and snippets will be posted here. It may lead somewhere or nowhere, as with all things arcane, that was bloody obvious =)

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Bye bye Standard!!! It was fun while it lasted!!!!

Not sure what this means, but the ang mo kio funz centre auntie has just told me that her supplier has declined to sell her the cases of Conspiracy.


Hoarding? By whom?


I leave that to the conspiracists :P


She did mention that perhaps there were complaints... oh well. I don't know who to believe these days anyways.



For myself I am sicken by the amount of greed in the distribution system in Singapore.


So I'm going to extricate myself from it and buy singles like everyone else ;P



Its kinda ironic really. I was just thinking how Standard is NOT Magic. (More on that later)

And then this news came to make me quit Standard.


Well. Quit is a strong word, but since I will be looking for cheap cards, we are really looking at hunting for cheapies and post rotation kind of situations :P

So unless something really piques me, I will likely not be Standard ready :P



Time to give it a rest I guess



Actually I tire of the constant money grab by WOTC and the local retailers... I needed an excuse and Conspiracy came along....


Helloeeeee MUD!!!!




Now seriously, if you like Standard. Don;t mind me. I actually think Standard is going for an up swing in terms of power level. So for people supporting the game by buying boosters? This is your moment of glory!!! (I might be totally off and that is my disclaimer =P) After the joke that was Theros. Standard is looking exciting! Perhaps thats why there are the shenanigans with distribution. Ah well.


bubye Standard. Well. Unless they really have something I cannot say no to. ;P



[Edit]

On the topic of quitting. Now I am not quitting, so I am not selling anything. But since that came to mind, if you hate retailers, the worst thing you can do is to sell your cards to them. That actually forms a substantial portion of their income (at least from what little I know :p). What most bulk buyers (here is retailers as well as individuals, tho individuals are less common) do is to offer a price for your cards at a fraction of its value. Usually about 50 - 60 %. And then they sell it full price. So if you are getting rid of your collection, try to give it to someone who values and loves the game... rather than some shark. Well. If you are quitting you probably will not think of that... . Just in case you value your money at least then I guess. :P


I actually had some judge came up to me, smirking that I have been playing for so long and should have collections to sell. I never did understood what that was about (and I did'nt have a substantial collection anyway lol) But I only "got it" this year. That judge dude asked me like ... I dunno, years ago. i don't even see him around anymore... but it never ceases to astound me, just how slow I can be. lol

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter

Click Here to Advertise on my site
Firefox 2
//online countries Page Rank Tool
Support Wikipedia